
Italian Stuffed Red PeppersI missed last week, nobody said anything to me, so I let it slide, but I FORGOT to post my Monday Meal Plan last week and when I realised, it was Wednesday and too late! Our social life is to blame – it’s FEAST or FAMINE! One month you hardly see anyone, and the next month you’re invited out two or three times a week as well as having friend’s over……as we have done for the last two weeks, along with village fĂȘtes and village BBQ’s, it’s been all go on the “dining out and getting fatter” front…..but here I am with a Meal Plan for Monday and with lots of NEW recipes, all of them being seasonal and summery to boot! Look out for mirabelles (yellow plums) from my garden, tomatoes and peppers from my potager as well as picnic pies and some FABULOUS Scottish seafood too…..it’s a great week to showcase easy and mostly meat-free recipes, as well as some lovely old-fashioned baking too! So, I won’t keep you a moment longer, and oh yes, as I FORGOT to post my Sunday Patchwork of Recipes yesterday too, I will add a small one at the end of the post…..have a GREAT week! Karen.

NB: With thanks to Mrs M who hosts the Meal Planning Monday platform – where I link up to when I remember to post my plan!
A Beach Picnic
Meal Plan Monday Week Beginning 6th August 2012Monday 6th August:
Brunch: New Recipe – Mexican Eggs Two Ways
Mexican Eggs Two Ways
Mexican Eggs Two WaysTea: Cheese and Ham Salad with home-made bread
Tuesday 7th August:
Breakfast: Fresh Fruit and Yoghurt
Lunch: Bruschetta with Artichokes, Olives and Mixed Peppers
Bruschetta with Artichokes, Olives and Mixed PeppersPicnic Tea on Beach: New Recipe – Sausage Plait (Picnic Pie)
Sausage Plait (Picnic Pie)Wednesday 8th August:
Breakfast: Marmite on Toast
Marmite on ToastLunch: New recipe - Vegetation Italian Stuffed Red Peppers
Italian Stuffed red Peppers (V)Tea: Sandwiches and Scones
Be-Ro Scones with Jam and CreamThursday 9th August:
Breakfast: New recipe – Grandma’s Stotty Bread with Cheese
Lunch: Cauliflower Cheese
Cauliflower CheeseDessert: New recipe – Mirabelles Clafoutis with Pineau des Charentes
Freshly Picked Mirabelles (plums) from my French GardenTea: Wild Garlic, Lemon and Lovage Soup with Stotty Bread
Wild Garlic. Lemon and Lovage SoupFriday 10th August:
Breakfast: Brioche and Home-Made Apricot Jam with Lavender
Brioche with Home-Made Apricot and Lavender JamLunch: Wild Purslane Salad with Olive Oil Dressing
Wild Purslane Saladwith Olive Oil
and Lemon Dressing
Dinner: Fish on Friday – Langoustines and Scallops with Black Pudding cooked on a Hot Stone
Langoustines and Scallops with Black Pudding cooked on a Hot StoneWeekend 11th to 12th August:
Baking in Black and White from 1929 to 2012 with Be-Ro
Baking in Black and White from 1929 to 2012 with Be-Ro
Baking in Black and White from 1929 to 2012 with Be-Ro
A Patchwork of Recipes & Photos from Lavender and Lovage
No comments:
Post a Comment